Sunday, January 10, 2016

Taking Refuge

Psalm 2:12 "...Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."
I'm not good at taking refuge. I'm strong-willed, a "strong woman," a professional... isn't it the weak who need refuge? As I read Psalm 2:1 & 2, I am reminded that I don't always have to be the strong one. Because when I'm honest with myself, there are plenty of times of closeted weakness, sometimes down-on-my-knees weakness, when the whole world seems dark and I cannot help but wonder "why, God?", yet I strive to maintain that image of one-who-has-it-all-together.
The Bible tells me I don't have to put up that facade. David reminds me, in these verses, to "Serve the Lord with fear and rejoice with trembling." I am expected to "Kiss the Son... lest [I] be destroyed in [my] way...," to take refuge in my Lord and Savior, and there, in His safe haven, I will be "Blessed." Don't we want blessedness over a false front any day?
I need to stop trying to depend solely upon myself, and I need to start handing more over to God. Where my weakness is, there God's strength will shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment